Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Personal and Professional Reflection on Technology

In my personal and professional world, I adore technology.

Personally, I am glued to my computer and my other technological devices. I have a very high comfort level with the use of computers and exploring new ways of utilizing them or trying out new applications. I live by trial and error with computers, I just keep trying until I figure out what worked. My iPhone is also my lifeline throughout the day. I utilize it for work email, getting students (and friends!) quick answers to questions, and just for the fun. However, my increasing passion is for digital photography. I love not only taking the pictures but then bringing them back to my computer to manipulate and play around with them.


In the professional part of my world, I have seen technology do amazing things for students. The ability to type or use other media formats for expression has allowed many students the opportunities to express themselves as knowledgeable individuals that had never before been possible. The use of SmartBoards, and other such appliances, within the classroom setting also engages the students in not only the work itself but the content of what they are learning in a much deeper way. I have seen students really become engaged and incorporated into whole class lessons, just from the use of such a multisensory tool, in a way that could never have been possible without it. There are so many uses for technology that I see in my professional world that it is hard to limit myself to just writing a paragraph!

I expect with this course that everything gained within it will be applicable to the classrooms I will be in. Additionally that I will have a solid understanding in the use of each item to feel comfortable teaching an introductory lesson on its use.

No comments:

Post a Comment