Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Personal Reflections

At this midway point fo the course, I find that my feelings about the class are mixed.

I value this chance to sharpen my skills in creating and editing websites, and find myself becoming increasingly fluent in the world of blogging (which I never thought would happen, I had always been so proud of the fact that I had never used a blog). I also really enjoy the ways in which we are able to see multiple uses for, what had always seemed to me as being, such common programs and practices within the classroom.

However, on the flipside of this coin is the fact that I sould love the opportunity to have a guided exploration of the more adaptive and assistive technologies that are becoming available in the world of special education. While I think knowing how to utilize these elements is an extremely important piece of knowledge, I am nevertheless left wondering how to best utilize them in the collaborative and consultant role that the world of a special educator has evolved into.

No comments:

Post a Comment